Strada Stavropoleos 4, București 030167, Romania
Known for its Brâncovenesc style, the Stavropoleos Monastery is one of the most cherished monuments in Romania. It was erected in 1724 and it is dedicated to Saint Archangels Michael and Gabriel.
Its name comes from the Greek word Stavropolis which can be translated to "The city of the Cross". The church is affiliated to the Eastern Orthodox Church and it is known for having the largest collection of Byzantine music book.